Our commitment to sustainability
At InsideAsia we believe business should be a force for good. For you the traveller, for the communities you’ll visit and for the communities that we live and work in.
Sustainability has always been at the core of our business, from the way we run our trips to how our staff get to work and how our offices run. We are always striving to strengthen our positive and minimize our negative impacts. In our mind, there will always be room for improvement, that's why we've laid out our vision for the future, too.
When the Covid-19 virus brought travel to a standstill, we really had to reflect on that future. We chose a one that gave back more than we ever had before and set out two further commitments for the coming years:
- Giving back 5% of our profits to charities that give low-income or disadvantaged families days away from home.
- Becoming a certified B-Corp.
We may not have all the answers but we’re working towards some big goals and would like to take you with us on that journey. If you have any thoughts about our sustainability journey, contact us to tell us.
- We know our destinations inside out and design trips to benefit our destinations by choosing locally owned accommodation wherever possible.
- We help our clients reduce their plastic use by providing a reusable water bottle for the majority of our Asia destinations and promoting the app Refill My Bottle.
- We only work with suppliers who follow the same ethos as us.
- We have a strong animal welfare policy based on scientific criteria that excludes activities such as elephant riding or bathing, as both involve cruel breaking-in techniques.
- We support NGOs that improve health and education schemes in our destination countries, such as Child’s Dream.
- We look after our staff by paying them the living wage and providing them opportunities to thrive.
- We give back to our communities. Through volunteering and donating money, we are long-standing supporters of the following charities: Caring in Bristol and Circus Starr. In 2019, we donated 44 days of volunteering time to our charity partners.
- We endeavour to influence the wider travel industry by being an active member of AITO and ABTA sustainability networks.
Reducing our footprint
- We measure our own carbon footprint and are taking steps to reduce it. We have offset 791 tonnes of carbon from our staff travel with the Cambodia National Biodigester Programme since 2016.
- Our head office runs on renewable energy and we will be carbon neutral in 2021.
- We are measuring the carbon footprints of all our offices and will be offsetting what we can’t reduce. In 2020, we planted one tree per employee in Bristol through the Replant Bristol scheme.
- We will offer carbon neutral trips from 2021 through working with ClimateCare to measure, reduce and offset their emissions.
- We are working towards having zero-waste offices. In our Bristol office in 2019, we reduced our landfill waste by 60% during a two-month period and provided training for all staff on how to reduce, reuse and recycle more.