Travel safe protocols
World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) Safe Travels
The WTTC has produced global Safe Travels protocols which provide consistency to destination authorities as well as guidance to travel providers, operators, & travelers, about the new approach to health & hygiene in the post COVID-19 world. The global protocols were developed in collaboration with WTTC Members, leading industry associations & international organizations and take into account the current guidelines of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The protocols are living documents which will be updated as new information becomes available about COVID-19.
Here at InsideAsia, we are working with our local partners to develop and follow these robust protocols to implement new safety practices and standards. These will strengthen the current health and safety guidelines set out by local governments themselves to create a stress-free travel experience for you.
Hotels & Cruises
- We will only offer hotels that have specific COVID-19 protocols in place and comply by local government guidelines. These measures include enhanced room cleaning, ventilation, physical distancing, regular cleaning and disinfection of high frequency touch points in public areas, food safety, staff re-training and minimising contact within the properties.
- Hotel staff will wear a mask at all times.
- Due to possible safety risks, we did not be operate any overnight cruises in 2020. All overnight cruises are presently due to go ahead as planned in 2021, subject to travel restrictions.
Guides, drivers and touring
- Our guides and drivers will wear masks at all times.
- Our guides & drivers will maintain social distancing between themselves and our clients.
- Hand sanitiser will be available within all vehicles.
- Spare masks will be available should our clients need them.
- Vehicles to be disinfected at least once per day with spot cleans during the day while our clients are out on tour. Special focus will be on high touch points such as handles, windows, safety belts, steering wheel etc.
- Before starting a tour, our clients will be provided a brief about what's expected locally - rules surrounding Covid-19, along with any associated precautionary measures which are likely to vary regionally.
- The tours will be adapted, where possible, to avoid crowded locations. Our clients will be given full briefing on what to expect and flexibility to change their program should they not feel comfortable.
- No queuing by our clients where possible. Any entrance tickets will be purchased in advance where possible.
- Any included or recommended restaurants will comply with local government COVID-19 criteria and are known to have routine disinfection policies in place.
- Restaurant staff will wear masks at all times.
- No buffet food, only a la carte will be offered.
- Our guests should plan to bring masks and pocket sanitiser with them.
- Proof of comprehensive travel insurance (min $100,000 USD) may be a strict prerequisite by destinations.
- Wearing a mask will be the expected norm at this stage in all our destinations, whether visiting outdoor sites or indoors in public areas. During private car transfers, it is our clients' choice of whether to wear a mask.
- Washing hands frequently and avoiding touching face.
- Expect regular contactless temperature screening at entrance of airports, many major tourist sites, hotels and restaurants.
- Clients should try to maintain social distancing at all times.
- Personal refillable water bottle (this is optional, however recommended to minimise environmental impact).