Like this post? Help us by sharing it!
Our tour leader Tara spends a lot of her time in Cambodia’s capital, Phnom Penh. She shares a few of her favourite things to do whilst in the city…
Getting to know the heart of a city means spending time in it; in Phnom Penh’s temples, markets, streets and life. Looking, learning and loving it.
1) Waking up early and getting out there pays off, whether you’re a monk going on alms round, or a traveler wanting to witness this daily ritual.
2) Don’t miss out on the colours, smells and textures of a local morning market!
3) Want to know about your Fortune? Shake the wooden sticks carefully until one drops out.
Then find a local to translate it for you 🙂
4) Head to Phsar Thmey market on the back of a motorbike. When in Rome…
5) Dresses, flowers & flowered dresses. Bags and bike brakes. You need it, you’ll find it!
6) No hair dressers appointment needed. Any time, any place.
7) Try some of the more interesting food on sale….or maybe not.
8) Watch painters gain spiritual inspiration.
09) The squares and riverside boulevard come alive late afternoon.
10) The trouble a tour leader goes through to find the best places to eat…
11) The Mighty Mekong River
Always a perfect day in Phnom Penh. Come and discover it for yourself on the ‘Vietnam and Cambodia Uncovered’ tour with Tara.